Basic Repair Kit
The basic repair kit included with your packraft is for shorter trips where walking out is an option. This will cover most of the repairs you’ll encounter during normal use of your raft.
- Alcohol Wipes: For cleaning repair area prior to applying a patch or glue
- Patch-N-Go®: Clear long lasting patch on coated fabrics when applied properly
- Tenacious Tape®: Best for backing uncoated fabrics and for short term pinhole repairs to seats.
- Aquaseal®: Long term repair sealant, but requires 8-hour cure.
- Valve Cap O-Ring
- Floor Fabric patch
- Zipper lubricant (Cargo Fly Zipper models)
Additional Recommended Items:
- Tyvek® Tape: Instant temporary and durable patch on coated fabrics. Probably the single most effective field repair tape for packrafts. Can permanently bond to the boat if left too long.
- Aquaseal UV: Instant repair sealant. Not as durable as regular Aquaseal, but cures fast.
Expedition Repair Kit
These are the items we recommend for long backcountry trips with a large group or where extensive paddling is required to complete the trip.
- Alcohol Wipes
- Tyvek Tape
- Tenacious Tape
- Gorilla Tape
- Aquaseal (1 large or 2+ small tubes)
- Spare Valve Cap
- Spare Nozzle
- Sewing Kit
- Scissors/Knife – Small Leatherman® or Swiss Army® knife is perfect.
- Valve Cap O-ring
- Tube and Floor Fabric patches
- Stiff bristled brush (Cargo Fly Zipper models)
- Zipper Lubricant (Cargo Fly Zipper models)